HONEYCOMB ALUMINUM 5056
2Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

HONEYCOMB ALUMINUM 5056 - 1

Product details Description The honeycomb aluminum aeronautical grade is produced by thin aluminum strip of 5000. The protection is applied on the tape against corrosion of atmospheric agents. There are several sections of cells and density. The honeycomb is produced by bonding aluminum sheets that damage all'esagno expanded form. The honeycomb can be provided in blocks, unexpanded strips and expanded sheets. The thickness is chosen by the customer. The material can be perforated for communicating all the cells between them (for vacuum application and space). Some cells can be expanded in OX shape (rectangular) to allow the curvature in one direction. Features - High resistance to compression and shear /Weight reduction - Corrosion resistant and fire / recyclable material Applications It is used in various aero fields (airplanes, helicopters, radar), automotive (racing cars), RF shelding ensuring a long life and resistance to moisture and temperature. Dimensions The standard size is mm1220x2440. General tolerances - 50 / + 100 mm On request special sizes. The thickness is chosen by the customer: minimum 1.5 mm up to 500 mm depending on the type of cell. Tolerance standard +/- 0.12 mm or +/- 0.05mm with extracost. Designation The full description of the honeycomb provides: Alloy: description of the type of aluminum alloy used (5056) Density: the weight of material expressed in pounds per cubic feet or kg/m3 Cell: distance between two sides of the hexagon (mm or fraction of an inch) Foil Nom: thickness of the wall that makes up the hexagon (mm or inches) P or N : material can be supplied perforated or non perforated Tolerances + / - 10% Pag.1/2 I.MA.TEC. IMPIANTI MATERIALI & TECNOLOGIA srl 20019 SETTIMO MIL.SE - VIA A. Einstein 16/18 - Tel. 02 33 510140 – Fax 02 32 84036 e-mail info@imatec.it - www.imatec.it

Open the catalog to page 1
HONEYCOMB ALUMINUM 5056 - 2

Product details P indicates preliminary data The values shown are approximate and not binding. Latest version 05/2016 I.MA.TEC. IMPIANTI MATERIALI & TECNOLOGIA srl 20019 SETTIMO MIL.SE - VIA A. Einstein 16/18 - Tel. 02 33 510140 - Fax 02 32 84036 e-mail info@imatec.it - www.imatec.it

Open the catalog to page 2

All I MA TEC SRL catalogs and technical brochures

1. Redux® 312

4 Pages