ALPHA 6
18Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

ALPHA 6 - 1

Product presentation

Open the catalog to page 1
ALPHA 6 - 2

ALPHA 6 – come fly with me We are pleased to be able to present the brand new ALPHA 6 under the slogan “come fly with me”. Many flying instructors as well as we at ADVANCE have been asking ourselves how we can make the A LPHA 5 even better - it is still the yardstick among current ­ beginner wings. Despite this tall order our development team, with the help of new technology, have succeeded in creating a modern ALPHA with significant improvements, yet maintaining all the good features of the predecessor. Here is an overview. ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly w

Open the catalog to page 2
ALPHA 6 - 3

3 ADVANCE ALPHA 6 - Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 3
ALPHA 6 - 4

Designer’s Note by Hannes Papesh After designing paragliders for 26 years it was an interesting challenge direct but still extremely forgiving handling compared to the ALPHA 5. for me to modernise a wing which was originally developed by another The stability is also higher and the damping action over all axes better. Of designer. Thomas Ripplinger and his team did a great job with the ALPHA course the performance is a step forward (especially at speed) and even 5: it is one of the most successful wings in its class. The guidelines, both the legendary take off behaviour could be further...

Open the catalog to page 4
ALPHA 6 - 5

ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 5
ALPHA 6 - 6

Reduced line setup Only three line levels and two gallery floors. Simpler and easier to see makes short work of line sorting. The completely revised A ­ LPHA 6 line concept results in 20% fewer line meters and 35 % fewer line items. Its hardly necessary to point out that this considerable reduction in total line length clearly improves glide performance at trim speed and especially when accelerated. ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 6
ALPHA 6 - 7

Unconditionally safer with a deeper airflow breakaway point Modern “Air Scoop Technology’ at the leading edge now applies to the ALPHA 6. Combined with the typical ADVANCE semi-circular intakes this feature results in a significantly lower separation point with clearly progressive brake loading. Brake travel is 15 % longer than the ALPHA 5 value, so passive safety is enhanced. ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with

Open the catalog to page 7
ALPHA 6 - 8

ADVANCE Quality Lightweight Construction The trend for as-light-as-possible products has even reached the beginner glider. The ALPHA 6 weighs 250 gm less than the already light ALPHA 5 – the ALPHA 6/26 now weighs only 4.75 kg, without any compromise in quality. The weight reduction comes primarily from detailed work on the inner structure. The ALPHA 6 is again made completely from European, high quality Porcher fabric. ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with m

Open the catalog to page 8
ALPHA 6 - 9

“Easy Connect System” for safer hook in The ALPHA 6 risers have a new Easy Connect System, which helps the pilot hook in correctly by using a coloured marking system. This reduces the probability of the nervous beginner connecting a twisted riser, or attaching the risers to the wrong carabiners. For maximum compatibility among ADVANCE products the same coloured markings will also apply, in future, to all ADVANCE harness suspension points. §§ Red for Left §§ Blue for Right ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly

Open the catalog to page 9
ALPHA 6 - 10

Big Ear system with “Quick Snap” Connecting Big ears made easy. The ALPHA 6 outer A-line has its own easilyreachable riser, making it easy to pull effective big ears. Taking off with both A-risers in hand is also simplified by the “Quick-Snap” magnet system which holds them together on the ground. Line sorting remains child’s play. After pull up the risers separate and take up their flying position. 10 ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 10
ALPHA 6 - 11

Improved brakes in detail The ALPHA 6 brake handles come with plastic covered magnets for secure stowage, and brake rings for silent and frictionless line guid- Brake Rings ance. As has become tradition for ADVANCE wings, brake handle size varies in accordance with wing size, and brake line swivel connections prevent brake line twisting. Different sizes New Magnets ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 11
ALPHA 6 - 12

The ALPHA 6 now comes in five sizes 22, 24, 26, 28 and 31. This gives a better choice of the correct glider for the customer, especially taking light pilots into account. Like the predecessor the ALPHA 6 has an extra 15 kg added at the top of its weight range. This widens the range of usefulness within the school environment. Within this more dynamic area the wing keeps it’s LTF/EN A category, e.g. for budding acro enthusiasts; they can get a feel for the basic figures early on - within a safe and supervised arena. Empfohlenes Startgewicht Erweiterter Gewichtsbereich Recommended takeoff...

Open the catalog to page 12
ALPHA 6 - 13

13 ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 13
ALPHA 6 - 14

Paramotor certified in four sizes Because of its exceptional takeoff qualities and marked damping in all axes the ALPHA 6 is well suited to paramotoring. DGAC Paramotor Approval is currently under consideration for all ALPHA 6 sizes, except size 22. Optional paramotor risers with trimmers are available, these can be secured in the suspension carabiners for unpowered free flight. 14 ADVANCE ALPHA 6 – Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 14
ALPHA 6 - 15

Suspension lines Edelrid Technora (Aramid) 6843, 340/240/200/160, sheathed, 2.4 mm / 2.1 mm / 1.9 mm / 1.5 mm (main lines) Edelrid Technora (Aramid), 6843, 120, sheathed, 1.4 mm (2nd level) Liros Dynema, DSL 70, sheathed, 0.95 mm (1st level) Liros Dynema, DSL 70 / DFL 115, sheathed, 0.95 / 1.3 mm (brake lines) Liros Dynema, DFL 115, sheathed, 1.3 mm (stearing line up) Edelrid Dyneema, 7850, 240, sheathed 1,9 mm (stearing line low) 15 ADVANCE ALPHA 6 - Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 15
ALPHA 6 - 16

Recommended Takeoff weight 2 kg Increased takeoff weight 2 kg Glider weight Aspect ratio flat Aspect ratio projected Span flat m Span projected m Number of cells Number of risers Maximum chord m Riser lengths cm Max. accelerate travel cm Max. line lengths incl. risers m Other adjustable / removable / variable devices 1 Values depending on wing loading, harness/pilot and glider size 2 Pilot, wing, equipment 16 ADVANCE ALPHA 6 - Come fly with me

Open the catalog to page 16

All ADVANCE Thun AG catalogs and technical brochures

1. BIPAX

2 Pages

2. BIPRO 3

37 Pages

3. IMPRESS 4

47 Pages

4. LIGHTNESS 3

55 Pages

5. STRAPLESS 2

10 Pages